Today tip will help you to enjoy the quicker restart of your computer with a single click on desktop Restart icon. You can set the time when your computer will start the restart process. A single click on Restart icon will close the all running applications and start the restart properly after predefined time. This tip is very useful to save power and time as well. After the execution of this command, a small window will appear to start count time of system restart.Follow the given steps to create the shutdown icon:
- To create a new shortcut, right click on any empty area of you desktop and go to New then Shortcut
- Now a small windows dialog box will appear with the title “Create Windows”. In the “Create Shortcut” window, type the following command.
- SHUTDOWN -r -t 30
- Here t 30 means time in second, for example if you want your computer will restart automatically after half minute then the command will be shutdown -r -t 30. But if you want your computer will restart without any countdown then type command as shutdown -r -t 00.
- Click Next button to type the name of this shortcut and press Finish to close it.This command starts a 30-second countdown for restart.
- Then go to run window and type shutdown -a command and activate this program
- At the end, when you click on restart icon, a windows dialog box will appear with the information” This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by administrator”.